Oct 19, 2011

The beauty all around

We are so blessed.  Roger has a new job he will be starting next week! The job is in Overland Park, Kansas!  So we get to stay here in Missouri!  I am very relieved and delighted for him.

The weather is definitely different in Missouri than in Texas.  This week we have had lows in the 30's and highs barely in the 50's.  Brr, my Texas blood isn't quite used to the change yet.  The trees are so beautiful.  In the 9 years we lived in Texas I don't believe I really ever felt like I could watch the seasons change.  We have a large maple tree in our front yard.  I have watched it from my couch turn from a vibrant green to spots of red and now is it over half red with some of the green still.  I am amazed at the beauty of watching that tree.  It reminds me that God can do anything.  It is so amazing.  I would post pictures of this tree but my camera on my phone hasn't been working.  I got it fixed today, and will add some pictures!  All around us there are trees of all kinds that are all changing colors and different colors.  It is truly a beautiful autumn around here.  There are lots of fall flowers in bloom everywhere as well.  It is so beautiful and peaceful.  The people that lived here before us created lots and lots of flower beds all around the house.  They are so lovely.  I always wanted a beautiful place to pray that I could really see the Beauty of God all around me.   I can here.  I have fallen in love with this area in the 5 weeks we have been here.  I am preparing for the coming winter, making sure we have warm clothes, and shoes, since we have lived in Texas I have some shopping to do!!!

  I love our ladies Bible study on Wednesday nights.  I always feel so refreshed after participating in class.  There were 19 of us this evening, this is pretty normal, and there were some new faces and some faces missing for one reason or another.  It is a wonderful group of woman I feel so very blessed to be a part of.  Currently we are studying friendship.  I am really starting to get to know these ladies and I am blessed with new friendships!

I finally got my sewing room /  office set up!  I have a very large room for this.  I love the space it is over the garage on the 2nd floor with 3 of the kids bedrooms.  I have room to set up projects and leave them out and not worry about them getting walked on or messed up on.  Before I have had some sewing space  but that space was in the middle of everyone and everything and I was unable to leave projects set out where I was working.  If I did it would get buried, trampled or lost.  Up here I have have lots of space and can set things out.  The kids come in here some to watch tv on the extra tv, but they can come in and sit down and my projects aren't in the way.  The space is quiet and peaceful.  I have my office set up here as well.  It is my space, my retreat location.  And there is a door I can close and walk away!

I feel very blessed that God brought us to Missouri.  I was nervous at first, but he keeps showing us over and over the blessing he has given us.  I thank him daily!

No comments:

Feeds