Jul 3, 2012

God has a plan!

We survived VBS.  Had a great week.  Very busy.  The kids made some awesome crafts and had a lot of fun.  I have been enjoying having my niece the last couple of weeks.  She is a very interesting person.  She has kept me on my toes!  I am back to planning and working on the woman's retreat.  I had surgery on my foot to remove a piece of glass that has been there for over 1.5 years.  It had become very painful for me to walk or even wear shoes.  My foot is still soar but it is healing nicely.

Roger is looking for a job.  The last one the contract ended.  He has some wonderful prospects.  I am praying for him.  I know that God has a plan and a timetable.  I am trying to be patient and wait on God, though at times it is difficult.

Bob is almost done with summer school.  Chris is doing really well.  Both boys are preparing to go spend a couple of weeks with Grandma.  I am excited for the break, but also it is good for them and for Grandma.

The girls are pretty normal 6 and 8 year olds.  Bek loves to be anywhere with her friends.  The pond, the pool, playing at friends homes.  Sarah also likes to go but also likes to be home some.  She likes spending time with Mom.

Life stays pretty busy.

I have been doing a lot of thinking about priorities.  I keep trying to change mine to better myself and to be closer to God.  I have once again removed all the games from facebook.  It is amazing how easy it is to get back hooked on the games without even trying.  It is a daily struggle to keep my mind on God. I struggle with reading my Bible.  I often wonder why it is such a struggle when I fully believe in God and know that He is all knowing.  He is the answer to everything.  Through him all things are possible. I guess here lately my faith has wavered.  Kinda.  I know God provides and I know he is in control.  But why is it I don't seem to be able to read and study his word?  I find that I let the things of the world weigh me down.  It is easy to worry and stress about how we are going to pay bills, how each of my kids is growing up, focusing on the negative.  I can find all kinds of things to stress and worry about, but it does nothing if not shorten my life.  I know that God clothed the flowers and the trees , the birds and the animals.  I know that he provides our needs, so why do I worry about them?  The answer is I am human.  And sometimes I have to be reminded that He is in control and is in charge.  My faith is in him and I know that he has a plan.



1 comment:

Suzanne Nelson said...

I struggle with some of the same things Stormy, praying you will realize what you accomplish each day does not equate to how precious you are to God and your family and friends! Can't believe the girls are so big!

Feeds