Nov 15, 2012

Thanksgiving is a week away!

Here it is a week before Thanksgiving!  Where has the year gone?  So many thing have changed in my life.  I have so much to be thankful this year.  My kids are all healthy and Roger is working!

     Roger spent 4 months unemployed.  This was a journey for our family.  We learned to rely on God more than ever.  He provided everything we needed.  Our bills stayed paid, we didn't do without much.  Though we did learn a lot about being good stewards of the money God Blesses us with.  We learned about what was important and what wasn't.  We have made a lot of changes in how we spend money and what we spend it on.  We want to glorify God in all our spending habits.  Roger started work 2 weeks ago.  He received his first check today.  He is working contract work with IBM.  He really seems to like it a lot, however it is a temporary job.  We know that God has a plan and he has provided very well for us.  If this job is meant to last then it will otherwise God will provide something else.

     Chris has moved into a group home.  This is a good move for both him and for our family.  He can learn the things he needs to learn.This was a major decision for our family.  God blessed us the whole way.  That has led to many many changes  in our house hold.  We love Chris and we miss him very much. We also know that he is in the best place for him to mature.  God opened a lot of doors and really blessed our family through the whole process.

     Bob is  doing ROTC in high school.  He really likes it.  He is in the drill team, which is very neat.  He loves hard work, especially out doors.  He has his permit now so he drives with Roger some.  He has really done a lot of growing up this past several months.  I am very proud of him.

     Bekah is in 3rd grade.  She is such a brainy child, so much like her father.  She has a spunk to her.  She has her own personality and loves to show it!   Sarah is in 1st grade.  She is a reader.  And still so sweet.
Both girls spend hours playing outside, riding bikes and hanging out with friends.  They are so happy and content.  Such beautiful young ladies.

As many of you know I have struggled a lot with depression.  I take every day one day at a time. I spend time in prayer and reading my Bible daily ( or at least most days).  So many things have changed I feel like I am rediscovering who I am.  I have daily check lists that I mark off as I complete tasks.  It is really helping to have a list to look back when I get distracted ( which is often).  My eating and sleeping are better than before but still off keltor.    Everyday is a process.  Some days I succeed some days I don't as much.  But I know that God has a plan and that he is taking care of me.  I have hope that he gives me the rope I need work my way out of this deep place I have been in for so long.  I am reminded daily of God's beauty all around.  I see so many ways that God blesses me and my family and am beyond greatful.  He provides all my needs, comfort, peace, contentment, love.  My faith is in him.


No comments:

Feeds